Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Harsh Truth

A friend once said, "Why not you just love him unconditionally without asking for anything in return? Seriously, if you even consider anything, that is no longer unconditional."

I answered, "Why, won't that make the other person awkward, especially when he has NO feelings for you at all?"

I just find the need to type this fucking shit out. Embrace it. This world is selfish on its own. The love unconditionally only exists if the other person also has feelings for you and is willing to accept your love. If the other person does not want to accept, then what is the point? It is like throwing salt into sea water. Pointless and waste of salt. We do not live in fairy tales okay?

Welcome to adulthood. To me, our hypocrisy increases as we grow up. What attracts the other person is in fact, the packaging. People like beautiful, gorgeous women, with some secrets and mystery hidden beneath the pretty face. The deeper they try to dig in, the more it is for them to find out. Like a beautiful gift wrapped in lovely gift wrapper. I am sure no one will be appealed with a present wrapped inside newspaper right? Because that is what I normally do.

I naively believed that as long as I was sincere and be my real self, then everything will be fine. People will eventually accept me for who I am. No, I am wrong. People do take notice of the packaging. There is a reason why every gift is nicely-wrapped. There is a reason why people even sell gift boxes. Packaging is THAT important.

Whoever created the story that as long as you sincerely love someone, someday you will be appreciated is clearly bullshitting. I never see that coming. No.

But look at the bright side lah. At least I am a good friend. I deserve a "best friend" award. Lol.

p/s: I know this post sounds bitter. But it is a reflection of how I felt at that time. So please don't judge or speculate. I appreciate that a lot.

No comments: