Sunday, November 15, 2015

Short Update

I know my blog is dead and no one sort of read it anymore, but here's my 312468757392208442881737th attempt to resuscitate my dear blog which will turn 10 next year!

I currently have switched my occupation to a HSE Engineer in a national oil and gas company. So far I am doing good, except that I have to work twice or trice as hard as compared to my colleagues due to the fact that:

1) I am the only female among the seedlings department.  The rest consist of very macho male colleagues. I know, some may envy me. Trust me, you don't have to.
2) I don't look tough. In fact, someone (name not mentioned to protect privacy) pointed out to me that I am too pretty to be an engineer working among a group of alpha male.
3) I look naive and carry this "dumb blonde" aura. People do not trust me as much as my macho, mature, tough-looking male colleagues.
4) I still look like a student from freshman year. I guess I should not be happy anymore whenever anyone mistaken me as a student.

I know I do not have to wait until I turn 30 in order to be a tough alpha female engineer working on site/platform/plant etc. I can be tough, independent and strong in coverall and yet feminine, pretty and sweet after work in my most fashionable outwear.

Should start to be really serious about my work. Seriously.

Anyway, I moved out from Sri Petaling. Finally! To a place called Setapak, where the daily commute to and fro from office is made much easier. From 1 hour 15 minutes to just 25 minutes! 2/3 of the time has been saved for more sleep yay! I still prefer PJ or Damansara but due to my unfortunate lack of my own transport, I guess I have to make do with this. To sacrifice easy access of Chinese food (not like the Chinese food at Sri Petaling is super yummy to begin with, to be honest).

Sad to say that I currently do not have internet. Reason is that Unifi and Maxis port are all full, so what's left is Streamyx. I am not sharing Streamyx while paying the same price as a 10mpbs Maxis Fibre Internet. I am still stingy even though my pay has increased. Stinginess runs in my blood and I am embracing it proudly. My only option is to use the free WiFi at McDonald's or Old Town nearby my condo. Ok lah. Can still manage.

All in all, I am happy and grateful at where I am now. Managed to get into an oil and gas industry in a big GLC. Not MNC but not too bad, because this GLC is taking good care of my stomach and my health. Frequent free food and learning opportunities. This is a good place for me. And to work in Malaysia's famous landmark is a pride among my family and relatives. I have no complaints. Happy and thankful is all I can say right now.

No comments: