Saturday, November 10, 2012

Home...Soon

I just received an offer letter from X-Fab a few days ago. Gosh, after months of suspense, impatient phone calls to respective HR for each company, asking for help here and there and hearing one friends after another receiving an offer but not me, I finally received an offer!

I will be working in X-Fab, under Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) department. Not something which I expected like process design, synthesis and integration, since I am taking Chemical Engineering, but it is something totally different and challenging, of which I will have to start from scratch. And EHS is an important department to work at, especially when some manufacturing companies do not manage effluents properly. I am working in a wafer manufacturing company, where the disposal of waste has to be properly handled. Totally a different experience, but I guess I am all geared up for it.

Pay is standard at RM500 per month. Nothing much to complain or to brag. I am glad though that I have a fellow coursemate Michele who will be interning with me, although different department. Well, at least this gives a consolation that I will have someone to lunch with me (unless she decides to drive home, which is impossible because the lunch break is so short).

One stupid thing happened, which I think most people would experience it. The moment I accepted X-Fab, all other companies offered me. One attractive offer was from Dayang though. Sadly, I had to reject it because I want to intern at home. Sorry Dayang, you're a step too late. And even if I were to intern at Dayang, I will still have to deal with transportation problem. Sigh. 

But one thing which I am glad most is I will be doing FYP next semester because I already secured myself a spot for internship. If I managed to pass all subjects this semester, then I can proceed to FYP and DP. Oh yessss!!!!!

Home. I can't wait to sleep on my own bed. I can't wait to taste home cooked food. I can't wait to breathe the clean air of Kuching once more. I can't wait to indulge myself a huge bowl of laksa, accompanied with a glass of teh-c peng special (Kuching one tastes better than Miri mah). Nyumm~!!! Most of all, I can't wait to see my family and friends once more.

No comments: