Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ask.Love.Give.Receive.

Love is you. Period.
I know this Friday is Design Project Memo 3 submission and here I am blogging about love. I have nothing else better to do than my work? Self-justification: I finished my part and had to wait for my friends' parts before we can proceed to everything else. But it takes me such a long time, hence my mind is flown off to love. Hence, this post.

I have so many questions in mind about love that I want to post all of them here.

How to define love?
How to know when we are in love?
What is the difference between in love and to love?
Is love a matter of choice, or it is beyond control?
Is it possible to fall in love with someone without realizing?
Friendship comes before love, or vice versa?
Love creates happiness, or vice versa?
Is there such thing called "right time to love"?
Should we chase after one love knowing that we will be apart?

That's all for now. Confirm I have more questions than these but nah, lazy to post all.

They say love is a game. Play it right and we will have it. The thing is, I suck totally at playing. Firstly, I do not get hints. I will be totally oblivious towards it until people come to me and tell me. Then I get freaked out. If I like him then good lah. If I don't like him then bad lah. Lol. I do not like the idea of love being a game though. Isn't love supposed to be a genuine thing, which should be given and shared all the time? Why do loving someone has to be a game and then planning strategies, here and there? I honestly tell you (from what I have seen) that love obtained by playing hard and lots of planning will somewhat tires you out. Because you will have to keep thinking of ways to keep the partner. Just give your love naturally and only work on maintaining the love you have. Simplest, yet hardest at the same time. Why?

This is because not everyone is lucky to find someone whom they are able to love and at the same time someone who loves them. Mutual affection. Two people may be able to get together because of understanding, work, friendship, meetings, clubs, activities and religion. But if both are solely together simply because of mutual affection, which makes them want to love each other at the same time, that is like hitting a jackpot. If you have found someone like that, do not let that person go. Love knows no boundaries. I know I sound unrealistic saying so, but at the end of the day, happiness does not depend on reality. It depends on ourselves.

You will eventually know who you will want to spend your rest of your life with. There is something about that person that makes you want to get to know that person more. And when you find out the bad things that person has done, somehow you are able to forgive that person and accept the flaws. You are happy whenever you see that person. No matter how bad your day is, seeing that someone just lifts part of your bad feelings away, if not all. That person will be the last person you think of before going to bed. You will wonder whether that person is doing fine or not. If you are shy, you will not call and ask. But if you are daring, then good lah. It is a beautiful feeling. But it depends whether you are daring enough to open up your heart and receive it. Or give.

Your lover is a partner who shares his/her life with you. Your lover is your best friend who knows you inside out and yet accepts your flaws. Your lover is a giver who will provide you anything so that you will be happy. Your lover is a receiver who expects happiness from you because of the strong love towards you. At the same time, you can be your lover's partner whom you share your life with (family, friends, work life, trouble, success, joy). You can (or if are, even better) be your lover's best friend who will always be there for your lover despite the past and flaws. You can give your lover all your love and make sure he or she can feel it. You can learn to receive your lover's love for you because every lover hopes that his or her love reaches the other half.

Very true.




A friend once told me that same things will keep occurring in my life unless I make changes on it. I know I will have to stop being a coward and to have low confidence on myself. I know I should learn to open up my heart rather than keeping it in a save. Ironically, le ex was the one who told me not to keep my heart into a save. Lol. Maybe it is a sign that I should really have faith in myself and see what my love can do to another person's life. Maybe my love can change someone's life, I never know.

Just love myself and eventually someone who loves me will come along. This I shall believe :)

Because God never fails to shower His love to me, thus sending someone who loves me to me. Amen.

No comments: