Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ill and Still Writing

Today is Saturday, and I am down with sore throat and slight fever. I lost my lovely high-pitch voice! :( it was a pity, because my loud and powerful soprano-ish voice is gone. I think I am not even reaching tenor. Probably a baritone???

I glanced through my emails and am amazed that how my previous emails have arrived to today's. From ssssygirl_dahotchick@hotmail.com, sw3et_personal@hotmail.com to finally jess.tbl@gmail.com. What on earth was I thinking back then? Lol. But I dare say I was not the only one! All sorts of cutesy and fancy-flowerish names came out on emails back then in high school. I was lucky to have my sw3et_personal being hacked, hence using jess.tbl@gmail.com onwards as my official email. Anything feel free to email me there kay? :)

Update: MH370 flight is hijacked, according to sources. I personally do not care what happened to the plane and the whereabouts. All I am concerned is that every single one, if not all of the passengers and crew are alive and in one piece. Whether there is any hijacking or runaway or literally vanishing into another dimension, what matters the most is that they are all alive. Think of the families who worry about them everyday. Let's just hope the hijackers do not harm any single lives there.

Okay, rants aside.

I had a conversation with a lovely friend about her relationship with her long-term boyfriend and her parent's approval. They are of the same race and religion, and they are currently experiencing LDR. Her mother did not approve her dating in college, and she had to go out all the way to make her relationship work. They are one sweet couple, and I sincerely hope they can get married and have beautiful babies. I am sure her baby will be as beautiful as her.

I understand that in the olden days, the children's wedding solely depends on the parents, or the grandparents. This is because to them, marriage is a bond between two families, and the parents will of course choose families that benefit them. That being said, their children are like bridges to link two families. That is why you see rich marry the rich and poor marry the poor. Birds of the same feather flock together. Because of that, the social status exists and are divided into different groups/castes/layers.

However, in today's modern society, children are well-equipped with individualism and their own unique vision of who and what they want to be. That of course, includes the type of person they want to spend the rest of their lives with. So why do parents still want to interfere with the children's choice of life partners? I heard a friend who wanted to marry a girl of different race got an immediate disapproval from his mother. They eventually got married at ROM, without any ceremony because his mother did not give them any blessing. They had a son now, and till today, his mother still do not accept her as her daughter-in-law.

It is a sad thing. As much as we individuals like to choose our own partner, but our parents' blessing is still very much important to us. Having parents' blessing over marriage is like having some elders to be happy for our choice of life partner and our choice of path taken. Hence, I hope that when we become parents someday, give freedom for our children to choose their partners of their own. However, if our sons chose a girl who is obviously a gold digger, just make sure that the girl do not dig so much of his money. What to do right, he loves her so much not to be able to see her real face. Because gold diggers are usually very beautiful and attractive.

No comments: