Thursday, July 19, 2012

Taken Aback

Something happened tonight. A friend of mine went around borrowing money to settle off the debt of her boyfriend. She cried when asking for money for me. She told me she could not hold on any longer, when she had to resort to borrowing money around from her friends. I reprimanded the boyfriend because I could not stand seeing how he treated her. I do not like gamblers, and I do not like how he treated her. Thing is, after we left, he scolded my friend, saying she told me about both of their stuff. Saying how she made him lose face. Dude, your face has already been gone if your girlfriend called you up middle of the night to borrow a lump sum of money.

I never like gamblers. I told her to think properly before starting a relationship with gamblers. If not because of this friend of mine I would not even borrow my money to a gambler. I myself very well know that if I were to borrow a gambler money, he will settle off his debt and then gamble again. That is like encouraging him to gamble more instead of quit gambling. But I had to pay, because I do not like seeing my friend begging around asking for money. To be honest, I do not like borrowing money unless that person has no money to eat or whatsoever emergency, and debt to me is not emergency. It is something which you brought upon yourself.

I thought this friend of mine was finally able to be in a steady relationship, was finally able to be with a nice guy who treats her right. Nothing goes smooth sailing though. First, she was entangled with a selfish playboy, which caused her to live a messed-up life until she found this one, and then this one treated her not right. It's a long way for her to find happiness, huh?

In a way I am thankful to God I am no longer entangled in relationships, nor do I feel any pain because of relationships or love. I learned the hard way to start loving myself before loving others, or having a crush onto someone. I am happy with my life currently, and the only things that I have to worry are:

1) Chem-E Car (at the right track but still worry)
2) Cover letter and submission of CV to companies (hopefully I can be accepted into internships...stressed much)
3) Academics (sigh, all so difficult and two coursework-related units...I attended lectures for ONLY THREE DAYS and I am already worn out)
4) ARYLA (of course worry because it is a big event)
5) Losing weight regime (2kg gone; 5 kg to go)

Nah. Lazy want to type cover letter. Need to go for jogging tomorrow. I am so happy I lost 2kg yay!!!

No comments: