Sunday, August 04, 2013

Secrets to Skin Care (My Unorthodox Method)

Skin care products. I bet most of the women will spend minimum of 10% of their monthly wages on their skin. They either go to facial salon, or buy tons of skincare products. 9 out of 10 does that. I, on the other hand, belong to the minority. I am a lazy person when it comes to regular skincare. That explains why my skincare that I bought lasted me for years! In fact, I even consider skincare routine a waste of time, particularly when I am stressed. The only must-have skincare I have is a lip balm, because my lips get dry easily when the weather is very hot. Oh ya, not to forget the sun lotion, because UV rays are harmful. BB cream too is essential for face and neck for protection against harsh environment.

One vital way of skin care is what we take for our body on the inside, that is for sure. I, however, do not take supplements and medicines for skin care. That is not only costly for someone impoverished like me, but is also a waste of money. I can buy myself lots of meals with that amount of money!

Wasting no time, here is what I normally take that I believe gives me great skin care. I am not exactly sure about how they benefit to our skin, but I will not post this if not because of the research done. And to be honest, I only find out its benefit recently after I searched from the internet.

1) Fish
I love fish! Its meat is smooth and it is healthy. It too, is a non-fattening type of meat. Between meat and fish, I would definitely go for fish <3>
Here is the link of the fish benefits. Lazy to rewrite. Fish oil too is good for skin. The Omega-3 and 6 in the fish oil are the anti-aging elements for our skin. Take that, and we will not grow old so soon.
2) Pork (fatty ones)
Pork is undeniably one of my favourite meat. To me, chicken is the safe meat, while pork is the risky meat. Chicken can be cooked in any way, but pork, if properly cooked, definitely reigns supreme! I have long known that the pork fat contains collagen, which prolongs youth. This explains why I look 18 when I am 23 this year! Okay, perasan-ness aside, here is the link as a proof! Here too is one of my favourite parts of pork which contains COLLAGEN.

3) Milk
I have been drinking milk on the day I was born until today. Even today, I still drink milk like a little kid. I heard of this myth saying that drinking lots of milk make you as fair as milk. It is true. Not only that, it also moisturizes skin with some protein, and at the same time giving it some glow. Best magic potion for skin? Milk LAH. Anyways, here is the link, of which I am lazy to retype here. If you are lactose intolerant, the alternative is that you bath with milk. It works. But of course, nothing beats taking something inside your body which will last longer than having it directly contacted with skin, which will not be totally absorbed into your skin.

4) Eggs
From poached eggs to scrambled eggs, I love them all. The only egg which I will not eat is century egg, because its texture is so rubbery (weird Chinese). In most of my cooking, I will put egg in everything. My peers are well-informed that I love eggs, and I must have eggs whenever possible. Between pork and eggs, I will go for eggs. I am serious. Anyway, rants aside, here is the link.

5) Water
I do not need any proof to show that water is beneficial for skin. Common sense, we drink lots of water, we get rid of the toxins in our body (including the skin), thus getting cleaner, healthier skin. Cleaner skin = less acne. Besides, lack of water in our body means lack of moisture, and many women out there spent hundreds on moisturizers which need to be applied outside the skin, when we can actually drink water into our body to replenish moisture in our skin! Water is damn cheap, if not free. I guess if every woman thinks like me, the beauty product companies will go bankrupt =.=

6) Ribena and fruit juice
The things that Ribena and fruit juice have in common is Vitamin C. Vitamin C is well-known for its antioxidant properties, clearing of complexion and aiding the production of collagen. I don't think I need to elaborate how Vitamin C is so beneficial to our skin, so I will enclose it with a link here. But one thing for sure is that, Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin, so if we use skin care products that contain Vitamin C, it may not be absorbed that easily into our skin. What better ways of getting Vitamin C absorbed than to constantly take it? And nothing beats natural sources of Vitamin C (Ribena is made of blackcurrant juice, which contains Vitamin C, so yeah).

Apart from all these, my food intake is usually unhealthy food. But, but, but, but, I will make sure I take CLEAN food when I return to Miri. I will cook and practice clean eating, and work out. Not to lose weight, but for my health. Healthy life = happy body :D

p/s: If there is any missing information regarding the skin benefits from the food mentioned above, please let me know. Thank you very much!

No comments: