Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ranting in the Morning

Waking up early at 7 something to catch a bus only to find out the library is occupied. Yeah..."occupied". By bags and files and even one pathetic piece of paper and a pen. Sometimes, to be honest, I feel like crumpling that piece of paper and took over the place instead. Have you people no common sense that if you people know you are leaving the place for not five minutes, but five HOURS, please let others who would like to make good use of the golden five hours to study on your spot? Sure, finders are keepers, but well you're not even using it, so please be considerate. I am sure you would not like to be treated the same way huh? How would you feel if I purchased your favourite item (assuming it's limited edition and that is the last piece in the shop) and then not using it at all? The same way I am feeling right now huh? Sigh. Have to resort to studying inside my room, which is a worst place to study. Why? Firstly, it is messy. Secondly, it has a bed, meaning temptation to sleep is always there. Thirdly, I have a roomie, meaning I have a company to play. Lastly, the place itself does not have this study environment, making me feeling further demotivated to study, especially if I am studying killer subject like Reaction Engineering.

Speaking of room, I am glad that I found a single room which has good lighting and has this conducive ambience to study. I am in my third year now, and the longer I study here, the more serious I will be in studies. I seriously need my own room, to study, to have full control of my own doings and to sleep. I cannot stand sleeping with lights on. It is truly disrupting my beauty sleep, and for people like me who do not fall asleep easily, sleep is crucial to me. Probably that is one of the reasons why my memory has been deteriorating lately. I need my normal biological clock back, like how I had adjusted it back home during the holidays. I want to live a normal, healthy life. I even make a vow to myself that I will not touch any clubbing or partying activities during my study period next semester. The only place where I will join any social activities are church activities, and that is if I have any time to spare. I am not a smart person and I seriously need to manage and discipline myself if I want to do well in studies. Sure, they say PR skills are important to get to the top, but it's pointless to reach the top if you do not even have the technical skills to back you up. And here is what I am doing now; balancing my social life and my academics at the same time. First class honours is definitely out of the question. I should probably just maintain my second upper honours' standard (unless I get smarter and end up getting first honours, which is definitely a bonus). 

Looking back my old blog posts just made me realized how bimbo-tic and foolish I sounded back then. Probably I was one as well. Seriously, there are so many things happening to me over the years, and these have changed me. The most recent incident was truly a wake-up call for me to stop being young and stupid. Of course, I would like to have fun still, but I will not be foolish again. I am now an adult, not a teenager. It is time for me to do things in an adult way.

Speaking of adult way, I heard from a friend recently that he had his wallet stolen from a friend. He found it out, yet nothing was done towards the culprit. If I were in his shoes, would I do the same thing or turn that friend of mine to the police station? For one, I am not as rich, and money is a big thing to me. Secondly, it is fair to have that culprit punished because if that friend ever considered me as a friend, he/she would have been finding me to discuss about the issue instead of stealing from me. Hello, stealing is not a small issue here. I would be flabbergasted if someone whom I trusted stole something from me. However, I heard a story from another friend of mine that people nowadays love things more than people. If we can treat our own belongings so preciously, and they are not even living things, why take people who are close to us for-granted? That story taken me aback and put me into deep thoughts. Deeper than thinking about Reaction Engineering (haha). Anyway, that victim friend of mine said he chose to forgive his culprit friend because he took Jesus as an example, as a role model. Fair enough. Forgiving is a beautiful thing. It is actually a way of letting go the pain you suffered, and another way of triumphing over the ones who hurt you. These friends are worth knowing. They taught me many stuff. Of course, I have other friends who taught me many new things throughout my growing up days, but if I were to list them out here, I doubt I can start studying my Reaction Engineering ever.

Nah. Why am I getting so philosophical over the years? It's a sign I'm getting OLD. I go around giving lectures about turning over a new leaf or being serious in life or some preachings or whatever good good moral things to my friends like crazy. I.am.so.old. Good thing though. That means I have grown up.

It is now raining, and I am so tempted to sleep back instead. Waiting for whatsapp hence I cannot sleep back. Whatsapp's being a bitch, probably because the line here is being a bitch as well. I am waiting for Grace's reply here and she isn't replying =( kan got 2 ticks there, meaning she received my message already.

## she replied my whatsapp already hehehe =p

Okay Reaction Engineering, here I come. And please be nice to me, as my IQ is not high enough to be able to reciprocate to every single one of your knowledge offered.

No comments: